While dogs are omnivores and can therefore eat both plants and animals, they do tend to have a bias towards being carnivorous. Evolving from wolves, modern day dogs have teeth and digestive systems that confirm their carnivorous origins. You could say that a dog’s health appears to be optimised by eating meat.
The raw diet for dogs is all about emulating the diet of the dog’s natural ancestors. In recent years raw feeding dogs has shot to popularity thanks to the attributable health benefits.
- It is naturally pH balanced
- Real meat is naturally high in protein and contains little or no carbohydrate
- Retains natural enzymes and nutrients that otherwise can get lost in cooking
- Boosts a pet’s immune system
- Assists good gut health and is easy to digest
- Supports strong bones and healthy joints
- Good for dental health and breath
- Aids skin and coat health including where allergies and skin conditions are present
- Highly palatable for pet’s enjoyment
Paringa has a wide range of raw dog food that will suit dogs of all life stages. If you’re trying a raw diet for dogs for the first time, read this information on how to correctly change dog food to increase your chances of success.